Saturday 8 January 2011

Freeze Your Thorns Off 5km Virtual Race Report

As previously posted here, I signed up for the I am Boring Virtual Race. I said that I would do the first 5km of my 10km training run barefoot, in good weather, early Saturday morning while those in the US of A were probably still enjoying their Friday night sleep.

This is my race, in pictures ....

In my car, getting the temperature reading ...



My bare feet, lining up to start ...



The view from the start (cloudly weather, small patches of blue sky poking thru) ...

I couldn't find a five at the 5km mark, so I got creative ... I reached the 5km mark in a time of 31:02 (according to my Garmin)

The worst photograph of me ever taken, I am still experimenting with taking self-portraits. This is at the end of my 10km run - still barefoot because I forgot to put my sandals on and because I like being barefoot and because I can ...

Hope you enjoyed your running today, even if you didn't get to partake in a Virtual Race.

6 comments:

Q said...

Awesome! I ran it too so I'm having fun reading everyone's reports.

Ewa said...

For a second there I thought you forgot yourself and ran 10k.

Kate Geisen said...

Love the photo race report! I'm terrible at taking self-portraits. And both your self-portrait AND your feet look way better than either of mine would. :)

Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that a guy who lives in Arizona is hosting a "freeze your thorns off" race?

Andrew Opala said...

Ahh ... the pictures have warmed me up!

It was fun running with you!

Anne said...

Congrats and very cool that you could run it barefoot! Not an option here in January (outside) :)

The Boring Runner said...

Sorry that I am just now getting to comment on this...

I love that you ran barefoot....in 15 degrees! Nice work!!