This statement has been in my awareness since the Midrand Breakthru' 15km. I was running behind a couple and one of them had it printed on their long sleeve over-shirt. My immediate answer was because I CAN.
Over time I have come to realise that I CAN covers so many aspects -
- I am physically able to run,
- I have a support system at home that allows
- my children well taken care of at home
- dinner is taken care of on the nights that I run
- breakfast to be taken care of when I run in the mornings
- my children to get to their lessons/classes
- I can financially afford travel, race entries, gear etc
I can highly recommend running in a space of gratitude - I notice that my legs feel lighter, my heads lifts up a little higher and my shoulders relax. I get a small smile on my face and suddenly the run is finished and I feel great!
Fill in the blank for yourself - I run because ....... you may just be surprised