Monday 22 November 2010

Weekend Away

I love living in South Africa - family invited us to spend the weekend at Kwa Maritane in the Pilansburg National Park.  Since it was a sort-of-rest weekend, with not much mileage required, I was thrilled to accept.  I love holidays in the bush and my children love to holiday at the beach so we usually land up at the coast for holidays.  This time I got my pleasure, a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Jhb and I was in my element.  No running, no cooking or evening planning the menu, just sitting, eating, resting, relaxing, eating again, cooling off in the pool, more sitting, casual conversation, resting, more eating, relaxing some more ...  You get the idea? 
A 3 hour drive thru' the reserve .....























Just sitting on the patio, eating and resting, had its rewards too ...








The drive home was pleasant, we were home in time for dinner, bath and bed.  We all woke up this morning renewed and pleasantly re-energised, ready for another week. 

I did a 10km run early this morning, my last of this distance before my Big Race on Sunday.

5 comments:

Johann said...

Now that's life! Lovely photos! We have so much here, wonderful SA!

Giorgio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giorgio said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful report of Pilansburg National Park. It's a special part of the world!

Have a nice holiday Satci!

Ewa said...

You know that you make all of us on different continents insanely envious, right?
Glad you got your holiday the way you like it.
Thanks for sharing.

Char said...

Those pictures are exactly why I HAVE to visit Africa one day. Amazing!