Friday 1 October 2010

29 Gifts for My Birthday

29 Gifts, How a Month of Giving Can Change your Life, Cami Walker
I read this inspiring book last month and have signed up for the challenge. 

For the next 29 days,
leading up to the 30th of October,
when I celebrate my 40th birthday,
I will give 29 Gifts.

In following the suggestions to help in this challenge, I have meditated about my purpose in doing this exercise. My intention is Give Back.  I am very aware that for (almost) 40 years I have inhabited this earth and taken its resources (people, places, things) for granted. I am also aware that there is a huge shift in consciousness taking place on this earth and I can be part of it. I want to Be of Service - in whatever way that shows up.
"My humanity is inextricably bound up in yours."  Desmond Tutu
Another suggestion is to journal my experience and I will use this blog for that purpose. I imagine there will be 'running related' gifts to be given too :-) You can also leave your gift-giving experience in the comment section of my posts.

In the Spirit of South African "Ubuntu" ( humanity to others), I invite you to embark on your own challenge of 29 Gifts in 29 Days, and I look forward to sharing our experiences.

No comments: